Website create and evaluate
MARKOV Solutions is the free-lance company of
The creation of websites starts by organizing the set up, with
questions like: what is the exact target community, what is the message
we want to pass, who will provide us that information, and (the hardest
of all) who will maintain it? When these answers are clear, the
technical aspects are only a minor issue.
Above all, the website has to bring the right message, and in my
experience, most websites are unsuccessful in this respect. Internet
is a completely different medium than paper, television, or telephone:
it has its own rules about user friendliness and dynamical behavior.
It is a pity that these factors are only little understood.
For the creation of new websites does not have my focus, on the
moment. However, you may use my experience when
- you are in need of an independent advice;
- to evaluate a website built by someone else; or
- you need a specialist which guides your Internet developments.
An overview of my Internet related activities
- The first website I constructed was "The Dutch Home Page" (DHP), which
was the tenth (in order of appearance) website in the Netherlands. This
was the first index which listed the Internet activities in the Netherlands.
It was sold after four years to the large Publishing company
Some parts of the old site are still available under the new name
- Speaker on
(Unix User Group - The Netherlands) conference 1995 on the
construction of the DHP website.
- TERENA/NordUnet conference
with a talk and a paper in IEEE Computing Systems.
Subject: the possibilities for the improved construction of
- TERENA/NordUnet conference 1999, with a paper in IEEE
Systems about a very different implementation of an
interface to search engines.
- NLUUG conference Web Applications, 22 May 2003.
- Trainer and developer of the course Constructing Websites
at AT Computing.
- Trainer and developer of the course Programming for Websites
at AT Computing.
- Internal website with 75.000
satellite images, in
cooperation with Geoserve.
Currently involved in
- Website and content maintenance of
- Website of Association NLUUG (since 2009)
- Website of
- Website for Element
- Website for Arion
- Website for the CPAN6
- Website with satellite images for the whole of Europe, and beyond.
Includes all software and hardware development. (since 2004)
- Website of the neighborhood council
covering the city quarters 't Cranevelt
en Alteveer in the North of Arnhem: technical
implementation and daily maintenance (since 2002)
The more detailed
list of all my Internet activities can be found on my personal
Next page: System Architect >>>